But there are some mini-goals I’d like to achieve at some point during this year…
Things I want to make, in no particular order:
- A cake (frightening)
- A pie, with homemade pastry of course (terrifying)
- A soufflé (horrifying)
- A meringue (alarming, especially if combined with pie-making, e.g. lemon meringue pie)
- Some other desserts (we don’t normally eat dessert, through inertia rather than healthiness, so will need to make a special effort to include)
- Cookies (ditto)
- Salad dressing (very sad not to know how to do this)
- Gruyere cheese gougeres (I once had a very glamorous French roommate, who used to whip these up at a moment’s notice, and have never eaten them since; they were light and fluffy cheesy perfection, probably not to be achieved by me, but who knows?)
I’d also like to make a Thanksgiving/Xmas Dinner for Jack where I’ve actually made the stuffing, cranberry sauce, red cabbage, gravy, etc., myself, rather than opening cans and packets like a maniac.
And I’d like to have an actual dinner party, for maybe six people, with multiple courses, and appropriate side-dishes, all made by me, and produced without any visible panic or weeping.
Any other suggestions? They will be taken under advisement.