Anyway, I rooted around and found this recipe. It was tasty, quick, easy, and used things we already had in the house - you really can't ask for more than that!
The Recipe: Roast Honey Mustard Salmon
From another Dairy Diary book: Clever Cooking for One or Two (a gift from my mum)
- 2 salmon fillets, approx. 11 oz (300g) total
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tspn wholegrain mustard
- 2 tspn balsamic vinegar
- 2 tspn clear honey
- New potatoes & steamed baby vegetables to serve [we had green beans]
1. Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
2. Wash and pat the salmon dry. Place on a small baking tray lined with parchment paper. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Mix together the remaining ingredients, and spread thickly over the salmon. Bake for 12-15 mins, depending on thickness, until cooked through.
4. Serve on bed of steamed veggies with new potatoes.
They suggest you can roast the new potatoes: Dice, put in roasting pan and add olive oil, then put in oven 10 mins before the fish; they'll be ready at the same time.
On the plate (forgot to put salmon on top of beans, but never mind):